Sunday 5 June 2016

Choosing My First Designer Bag

Bags
I don't think I'd be lying if I said most girls would love to own a designer handbag at some point in their lives. Even though I know it's just a name engraved on a piece of leather with handles, it's undeniable that it holds special value – monetary (!) and otherwise. That's why I've decided to treat myself to my first designer bag for my birthday this coming December!

Now that I've started working and earning my own money, I feel it's sort of a rite of passage to invest in a quality handbag, no matter how frivolous that may sound. Even though I'd love to go for the likes of the Givenchy Antigona or even the Prada Saffiano – my favourite! –, those two options are a bit out of my price range at the moment. And even if they weren't, I'd still think I'd prefer starting out with the 'lower end' designers like Michael Kors or Guess, the brands you see here. I've narrowed it down to the colour I want, which is a tan caramel colour, and I think I'm more keen on the Michael Kors 'Dillon' tote. What can I say, I'm a sucker for structured bags! Even if the slouchy Saffiano Jet-Set tote is the one I fell in love with years and years ago... 

Oh well, I still have some time to ponder, but I'm willing December to come around fast! ;). 

Acho que é possível dizer que quase todas as mulheres gostariam de ter uma mala de marca. Apesar de, no fundo, ser só um nome gravado num pedaço de pele com alças, é indiscutível que tem sempre um valor especial – monetário (!) e não só. É por isso que decidi oferecer a mim própria a minha primeira designer bag no meu aniversário, em dezembro. 

Agora que comecei a trabalhar e já ganho o meu dinheiro, acho que é quase um 'ritual de passagem' investir em algo luxuoso, seja um relógio, uma mala, um par de sapatos, o que seja. Pode parecer supérfluo, mas para mim é mais do que uma coisa material. É claro que gostaria de investir numa Givenchy Antigona ou numa Prada Saffiano – a minha favorita –, mas isso ainda está fora do meu orçamento (no futuro!), e por isso já me decidi por umas malas designer de 'introdução', tipo Michael Kors e Guess. Já escolhi a cor – quero um camel que dê com tudo – e o meu modelo preferido parece ser o 'Dillon', da Michael Kors, e a 'Selby' também me pisca o olho... Que dizer, adoro malas rijas e com estrutura! Se bem que a tradicional Saffiano Jet-Set também me enche as medidas... Decisões! 

Ainda tenho algum tempo para pensar, mas já só quero que chegue dezembro, hehe.

Post a Comment

Instagram

© francisca may testing. Design by FCD.