Sunday 30 September 2012

shifting gears


I think no one's ever ready for the shock that comes with starting University. Sure, you spend your whole student life gearing up for that moment when you start college - I have a flair for the dramatics, people -, so it shouldn't really come as a shock when the time actually comes. Like everything new in life, the first days are the worst. Planning here, running around there, millions and millions of things that need to get done in that precise moment. I'm not someone who deals with stress particularly well, so the slightest thing takes its toll on me pretty fast; and when I say fast, I mean fast. Ultimately, I think that if there's something I've learnt over these first few days as a freshman is that we need to realize things take time. We can't expect to adjust to things at supersonic speed, nor can we have a defeated attitude when embracing a new challenge. Everything that is ever worth it takes that little bit longer, just as long as we're willing to wait it out, stick around and let things flow. Here's to nicer days, and here's to a fantastic journey in college! I hope you guys have a great week and that you embrace whatever life throws at you in the best possible way.

Post a Comment

Instagram

© francisca may testing. Design by FCD.